Tuesday, May 25, 2010

International Spring Quilt Market

I was fortunate to be able to accompany a friend of mine, Ilene Bartos, to market. She was there to promote her new book, Spectacular Rectangles published by Martingale. They were kind enough to give me a badge which was my ticket to enter. Market isn't like a show where you can pay to go view the quilts and visit the vendors. It's the wholesale part of the business.

I had gone with the intention of supporting Ilene and not really thinking about opportunities I might have. This was a very exciting experience for me. I was asked to "try" some new products and let the manufacturers know what I think of it and I have some things to design. The people I met were wonderful and the possibilities are countless.

No comments:

Post a Comment