Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dreaming of Spring

Snow, snow and more snow. I usually like winter, but something has happened to me this year, I guess. I'm tired of it.

I must admit, however, as I look out my window with the sun shining on the new stuff, I take note of the colors that appear. Someone suggested I find a hand lens, a little magnifying lens that botanists use. I think looking at snow through one might be quite interesting. I may have to go on a search for one locally. Surely the university store would have one? Might even open up an entirely new world! Sort of like looking at things through microscopes. I don't have one of those either, but that could be interesting subject matter for art work as well.

Today I start a new project. I have two in "sketch" stages. I may start both in fabric today. We'll see how far I get.

I'll post photos of sketches later for one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment