Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nature's textures

Isn't this grand? Birch bark has such wonderful irregularities. The textures of bark fascinate me. I'm gathering a library of photos of textures so I can begin to explore different textures with my art. The woods and trails around Greenville provide excellent subjects for photography.

Walking through the woods here has been wonderful. Yesterday as I walked the path, along with the wonderful textures, I noticed the steady hum of bees all around. The honeysuckle is just beginning to bloom. It wasn't a soft humming either, it was as if I was in the middle of the hive. To stand still and listen, while breathing in the sweet scent was magnificent. A treat for the senses.

Today is the final studio day. I will use the time to explore some new materials.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the textures in stitch. Glad you had such a good time in my neck of the woods come back soon! Safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete