Saturday, May 9, 2009

On the way to Jamestown

Today we decided to change our route and get off the toll road and heavy traffic. Left I90 at Erie, PA and finished the day in Jamestown, NY. I saw this flowering bush at a rest stop. I'm not familiar with it. Perhaps a mountain laurel, my traveling companion said. Not sure, but it's quite beautiful. So much inspirational countryside and visual stimulation.




Jamestown is a wonderful place. The downtown is fun. This is Lucille Ball's birthplace. The photo at left is painted on the side of one of the buildings. Many references and business names connected to Lucy and Desi here. We took a little drive through most of the downtown area. Would like to spend a little more time here one day.

Tomorrow we will reach our destination, the Greenville Arms, in Greenville, NY.

Looking forward to more beautiful countryside. So many shades of green, so many different types of trees and plants. A visual feast along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same bush in my yard... it is a type of Azalea flower. I have read conflicting opinions on how it is a type of hybrid Azelea/ Rhododendron mix. Either way I love these flowers with their inner leopard spots on the inner petals!

    ReplyDelete